Public Aid Organization announces an opportunity to job seekers in Daquq-Kirkuk province, the position is a Finance officer
interested candidates who would like to work should send CV to the email ((firstname.lastname@example.org ))
The last day for submission is 24 September 2019 at 4:00PM.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying. In case not writing the title, the email will be neglected.
Roles and responsibilities
• Gathering and collecting all the financial data and information, to verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system, to monitor and retrieve the financial details whenever there is a need.
• Creating and managing budgets to exacting detail per the unique specifications of various partners and the specific needs of each.
• Improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures and procedures including procurements and expenditures, inventory, requisition and record-keeping systems.
• Ability to transform ideas, high-level operations requirements, strategies, organizational standards and best practices into financial action plans.
• Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning in term of grants/fund management standards.
• Preparation of grants management tools through budget planning, budget trackers and cost allocations among multiple budgets and funds.
• Seeking out methods for minimizing financial risk to the organization through updating cash flow on the ongoing receivable and payables from various budgets.
• In collaboration with the HR department, preparing monthly payroll and wages and enters into finance system
• Providing support in budget preparation and designs for new proposal and drafting of relevant documents.
• Ensuring timely completion of the assigned accounting tasks that are in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures.
• Being present at various meetings, to address the issues, provide appropriate guidelines for improvising the process, and to identify opportunities for enhancement
Qualification and Requirement:
• BA degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field.
• 3+ years related work experience in NGOs
• Proficient computer skills, mainly MS suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Fluency in the English language (Read, speak and writing). Arabic and/or Kurdish is an asset.
• Outstanding financial and analytical reporting and research skills
• Proficient with cash handling according to the internal cash management
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Arabic is an advantage.
• Soft skills:
• Problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions
• Outstanding communication skills, including excellent diplomacy skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
• Analytical skills and proven organization and methodical skills
• Strong interest in the context and strong commitment to humanitarian work and principles.
• Ability to withstand pressure
The position will be based in Erbil office with frequent travel to Daquq-Kirkuk.
How to apply
Please send your relevant diplomas, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English